I wanted to give a big thank you to the folks over at CollingwoodFarm.com for nominating The Small Space Big Harvest Garden Blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. This is truly an honor. You should check out the CollingwoodFarm.com site. They are doing some great things on the farm in the way of organic gardening and sustainability.
And I would like to pass on this award to other worthy bloggers who may not have been recognized yet for the hard work they do. In no particular order:
soilentgreens From a little Farm in Texas, you can learn all about organic gardening and the trials and tribulations of trying to be self sufficient. They’re doing a great job of it. It’s awesome to see young people taking up the grow your own lifestyle.
Soulsby Farm These guys love farming, and it shows. They are doing some wonderful community outreach stuff. Stop by the site to see what’s up and hear all about the good works they are doing.
dirtnkids Shannon shares her love of gardening with her family and all of us. Be inspired, read this blog.
Ozark Aggie Lot’s of good information about gardening here. Stop by this site. You’re bound to learn something new about gardening.
Learn more about the Versatile Blogger Award here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com
7 things about me:
1. Beside gardening, I love kayaking and photography.
2. I like thunderstorms.
3. I like romantic comedies.
4. I’m a voracious reader.
5. I love all things chocolate.
6. I make my own soaps.
7. I’d rather bake than cook, any day.
I have been remiss. The past six weeks have been a whirlwind of activity around here and I have not been keeping up with the blog. I’ve got posts in draft, but that’s not the same thing is it? During that time, Shannon, over at dirt n kids nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award. So I owe her an apology for being such a cad.
So here is what I must do in order to accept it, which I humbly do.
1. Thank and link back to the giver.
2. Answer the questions below.
3. Share 10 random facts/thoughts about yourself
4. Nominate at least 7 other blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
First, a big thank you to Shannon over at dirt n kids ( see the link above). If you haven’t met Shannon, I suggest you head over to her blog and check out all the great things she’s doing in Texas.
Now the hard part.
What is your favorite song? Freebird. Skynard rocks.
What is your favorite dessert? ice cream. Chocolate, of course.
What ticks you off? injustice. In all of it’s forms.
What do you do when you’re upset? get very quiet.
Which is/was your favorite pet? My doberman, Greta. She just exuded joy.
Which do you prefer, black or white? neither. I prefer green.
What is your biggest fear? never being debt free.
What is your attitude mostly? realistic, logical
What is perfection? unattainable.
What is your guilty pleasure? chocolate croissants for breakfast.
10 Random facts:
1. I ride motorcycle. I’ve had my license since the mid 90′s.
2. I’m a Taurus. Loyal, reliable, lover of beautiful things.
3. I read anything Stephen King writes. His books hold “pride of place” in my library.
4. I commute 2 hours a day. And I’m not happy about it. Time is way to valuable to waste like that.
5. I’m an entrepreneur. I’ve had several small businesses, and plan to have another in the near future.
6. I don’t watch TV. I can think of 100 things I’d rather do.
7. I have a butterfly tattoo on my ankle.
8. I believe in alien life. It’s arrogant to assume we are the only intelligent creatures in the universe.
9. I quilt.
10. I prefer to live in the country rather than the city.
Nominations, in no particular order:
1. Town and Country Gardening. Pobept has a truly wonderful blog. You’re bound to learn something new or be entertained. Please stop by and say hi.
2.Mikes Garden Top 5 Plants. Mike has a great blog, and some beautiful pictures.
3.Collingwood Farm. Want to learn all about CSA’s? This is the place to go.
4. Attempting zero waste lifestyle in a military household. Jennifer is really walking the walk. She’s got some great ideas and recipes to help you reduce your eco-footprint. Check it out.
5. Under Southern Skies. Sandollar has a beautiful blog and a gorgeous garden. Please do visit.
6. Garden Booyah. A fellow gardener from Wisconsin. Great posts, beautiful garden. Check it out.
7. Eden Hills’s Blog. Life on the farm, and all the fun you can have! Please do visit.